Since my last trade, I have made only 5 trades.
- Short Fortescue, $3.5M position size, lost $50+k
- Short Fortescue, $3.5M position size, lost $20+k
- Shorted S&P, $3M position size, gained $3k
- Shorted S&P, $3,7M position size, gained $0.8k
- Shorted S&P, $4.8M position size, gained $80+k
Overall, there was a small profit of a few k – nothing to crow about. It is a bit unusual for me that I am trading indices better than equities. I have made probably more than 95% of my historical profits via equities. Going forward, I will likely still stick more to equities.
Markets remain volatile, as asset prices remain elevated and very sensitive to news flow. News flow from different areas can affect the markets dramatically, including those pertaining to Ukraine, quantitative tightening and economic slowdown. Do trade carefully and monitor news flow diligently if you have any active trading position. Take care!